We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)


October 23, 2012 8:26 PM
Originally published by Stephen Gilbert MP

Carbon Monoxide

The local MP for mid-Cornwall, Stephen Gilbert, is calling on all of his constituents to be aware of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning this autumn. Commenting, Stephen said:

"As the evenings draw in, and families across our community switch on their central heating. I am joining with parliamentarians from across the UK to raise awareness of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

"Every year hundreds of people are killed or injured through CO poisoning in the UK, including local man Frederick Jackson who died in Newquay in 2008. These deaths can be stopped.

"By being aware of the risks and taking simple steps like getting your boiler checked, you can avoid the dangers and minimise the risk of harm to you and your family. For more information, please visit www.co-gassafety.co.uk."